Monday, July 04, 2005

the grass is always greener on the other side

i went clubbing at Club MoMo yesterday. my boyfriend's younger sister was with me. clubbing with her was quite a new experience. perhaps, the feeling was trapped between being an older sister-figure and a friend. after all, i'm an outsider. i can't really interfere with whatever she's doing but i need to look after her as well. at least, that's a mutual agreement between her mother and me.

when i saw her flirt, dance and enjoyed herself to the max in her carefree spirit, i was so envious and a tint of jealousy. suddenly i wished i was like her - single. no doubt i love having my boyfriend around when i club, i also wished i could flirt around too.

suddenly, i missed those days when i was single, nursing a broken heart 6 months ago. i could still taste the sweetness of freedom after a long 3 years relationship.

nonetheless, i've chosen to get myself attached, to have someone who i could lean on emotionally at the end of a torturous day at work. well, i gain some and lose some. i should count my blessings to find such a wonderful and supportive guy.

i guess, that's the only way to think to make up for the "loss of freedom". and only thinking that way could make me feel better.

women - self-denial.

No comments: