Wednesday, May 28, 2008

some really irritating guy

i'm currently working on a group project that has 5 people, including myself. there are 4 guys and i'm the only girl. this is quite refreshing coz' i never landed myself into situations like this before, even though it's not entirely a bad thing.

the guys are quite proactive in the group, which naturally made me tone down. there was some group discussions in the 1st few lessons but eventually died down a while due to the upcoming mid-term test. so our project came to a standstill, and i got quite lazy about doing my part since nobody is rushing anybody. oh well...

there was a meet-up but i was really tired coz' of my work so i skipped one of the meetings (or was it 2?). however, the boys will send minutes via email to everyone even if whoever's absent. sweet people aren't they?

now we're rushing our parts abit coz' this week is the final week for presentation and submission. nevertheless, some people have to rub me on the wrong side.

i'm assigned to do simple parts like Executive Summary, Background, Competitors' Analysis and Post-Analysis methods. the real actions are taken care by the boys. well, i don't know if they doubted my abilities or what but i didn't argue on my workload. since to me, my parts are really insignificant, i thought i shall just take my time to complete. furthermore, it's only right that i compile the report coz' my parts don't overlap with anyone's work. however, there is this joker who tries to be funny with me.

for some reason (not known to me), this guy Edmund has to push me for my parts. at 1st i thought he needed my parts maybe our parts overlapped. but when i double-checked the task list, no, he's doing the Findings which is in no relation to mine. still, i rushed my parts to send him and left the Exec Summary empty as i'm supposed to summarize the whole report. and when i sent over, i kept everyone else in the loop. apparently, he has to reply in an totally undiplomatic way:

"Hi Elina,

You should voice out during the discussion yesterday to update us, otherwise we do not know your progress especially you have not done the executive summary. Actually for your part not much and somemore it have been a long time to prepare.

Please be honest to us subsequently if you really cannot finish including the compiling of the report, as we still have a lot of parts to cover including the powerpoint not much time.

Appreciate if you do that. Thanks.

Regards,
Edmund "


WTF!

not as if my parts like SOOO significant that without my parts they're not able to proceed right?! i could feel myself turned red, so fustrated about this idiot. i thought for a good while before i replied. i HAVE to reply, i can't just let live since he treated me this way:


"Hi Edmund,

sorry abt the delay, i agree on the fact where i haven't been productive over past weeks. i understand your anxiousness, apologies for causing inconvenience to you.

no, compiling the report doesn't take a huge chunk of my time, it's a matter how soon i get everyone's respective work. now i'm quite confused on how to proceed with my exec summary when i haven't seen everything. maybe it's my common practice to get the exec summary done the last coz' it's supposed to summarize everything, however i guess it may not apply for now.

like i've informed the previous round, i'm actually on leave today and tomorrow, which is meant to complete my take-home exam as well as this project. if my competency to wrap up this project and quality of work are questionable, i'm all ears to suggestions.

greatly appreciate your constructive feedback.

Regards,
elina "


either he couldn't be bothered with me, or he's just one fucked up person, his reply was this:


"Hi Elina,

Thank you. Appreciate that.

Will send you my part once i reach home.

Best Regards,
Edmund "


this guy is seriously pissing me off. maybe he cleverly slipped away from a good argument, which left me hanging, and it obviously didn't feel good! argh!

i thought i let it go. when i've collated the report and sent to everyone, INCLUDING my Exec Summary, i've stated to spot any mistakes just in case i've overlooked. this Edmund fella just have to be my unofficial teacher. he replied the email and sent back my copy only to me and highlighted those paragraphs in my Exec Summary, and added comments that i shouldn't talk about this or shouldn't copy and paste his words and plonked into the summary.

blardy shit! tink i'm some newbie huh?! that's super insulting lor! that's practically questioning my competency!

1stly, i based my exec summary guidelines from a sample report which my other groupmate gotten hold of it, and that blardy sample report gotten a Distinction for that (mind you!); 2ndly, i didn't copy WORD-FOR-WORD, arsehole! since he captured the main points in the main report, obviously i'll used the main points right? of course i rephrased it, DUH!! so what IF i really copied word-for-word? plagarizing our own report from our own report?!?! or i'm supposed to sing a different tune in the exec summary? does he even know what a SUMMARY is?????

if he seriously think he's that good, go ahead and change it la! why does he have to go the extra mile by pointing it out and "you go do the necessary changes". cannot just change on the spot meh?! he must feel that he shouldn't be doing other people's job.... fuck off.

PLUS, he's supposed to find and add in the references and HE DID NOT EVEN PROCEED LOR!! he didn't do what he's SUPPOSED to do and yet comment on other people 1st??? where does he come from? Jupiter???

anyway, after that email i've sent with alot of stings, everyone else kinds of immediately send me their parts. it's quite a queer sight actually. i'm thinking whether they sense some fire from me, or they just sincerely wanted to help me get things going.

even though i'm not exactly a person free of hypocrisy, but this guy is probably ultimate. come to think about it, his pretense... gawd!

i suddenly have a feeling that they might have been talking about me when i'm not around during meetings. it didn't feel good to have such feelings but i know where they're coming from, especially during the times where they didn't see my contributions. at least now i know who would most possibly be the one to bring me up in meetings. and usually, my gut feelings are quite true.

i'm so hoping i won't get to meet him EVER in my final semester next term.

No comments: