Friday, July 25, 2008

someone came back?

i have lost touch with facebook for quite a while, thought it was awfully crowded with stuff which were pretty useless. initially it was fun but, i guess i grew out of it pretty fast compared to friendster. nevertheless, i still received nonsensical emails informing updates from my facebook profile which i hardly ever opened the mail to see what was it. usually i'll just deleted it straight away without batting an eyelid.

recently, i saw quite a couple of friend's request. and one of the names i coincidentally saw was pretty familiar. so yeap, i finally logged in to check it out.

a friend whom i used to affectionately regarded her as a "sister" suddenly popped back into scene. it's none other than Nadya Masuri - a really close (then) friend back in Secondary school.

she lost touch with me for at least 5 years. or was it me? she chose to further her studies abroad in Australia after her A'levels. initially we kept in contact and when she came home, she'll call me up and we'll hang out. somehow gradually, she didn't bother telling me her coming home and i obviously didn't know coz' i was busy with my poly and all. nevertheless, i do dropped a couple of messages to wish her well on her birthdays, but she never returned hers. i was pretty upset on how we just went on each other's way but i came to term where it's really up to her if she wanted to maintain contacts. after all, she's the one who's away from home and i'm always here. sadly, i personally felt that she should still put in abit more effort though. look at Bellie, i'm still in close contact with her! so i reckon she was never interested to keep contact anyway.

so why suddenly tripped upon my profile and decided to add me? seriously, she could have just looked at my profile and leave silently.

i was pretty skeptical when i confirmed my suspicion. i just can't help it. however, i still added her. she left me a note saying i got prettier and she envied my hair. whatever! i may have added her, but that didnt mean much. i was just being diplomatic.

i went on to view her profile and i reckon she was still in close contact with Andrea Wee. yes, sadly, both of them who're not in SG anymore somehow didn't bother thinking that we all once shared tears and joy together. time difference? yeah, prolly... but i doubt they're 12 hours different from us! one in Australia, another one in NZ. so what huge time difference are we talking here?

anyway, i didn't bother informing both of them about my marriage plans. if they happened to trip upon my profile or blog (again), good for them. otherwise, maybe they can try keeping up with me for a while and see if they're able to revive any friendship here. or not, adios!

No comments: