Tuesday, October 20, 2009

*shouts* I'M A CERTIFIED DIVER!!

YES YES!! I PASSED MY TEST AND I CAN OFFICIALLY DIVE!!

the adrenaline of that feeling came pretty late actually. when i'd successfully completed the last 2 skills, it didn't sink in that i've passed. i surfaced, and i still wasn't feeling this exhilarated. perhaps all these while i didn't see it as a test per se, but rather a real diving experience.

nevertheless, i did it! it's an awesome present i've gotten for myself.

of coz', not forgetting some bruises and coral cuts i had inflicted while diving. for my virgin dive, i wanted to see if i could do without Gerald's glove he loaned me. well, i lost my balance in water and landed on a coral which had pretty rough surface. i wanted to grab it to keep my balance, in the end, i scratched myself. no blood, as it was more like paper cuts. still, it stung underwater. after that, i had his gloves on with me for every dive.

the pictures are uploaded in my facebook, so go have a look. they're combined with those taken by my instructors. looking back, that was such a great memory, great way to mark my 25th bday.

next, i want to go further to get my Advance too.... i'm targeting somewhere mid-next year... hopefully those girls who went with me be gamed for that!

No comments: