Wednesday, August 17, 2005

i'm stuck in my thoughts

i suddenly realized that i'm quite easily swayed by good words. no, i don't mean being complimented or praised. just words that sound pleasant to the ear.

my manager spoke to me yesterday and she shared with me her plans. i guess i felt appreciated for the efforts i've put in for the past 4 months. her plans includes having to "promote" me to a higher level, which means higher responsibilities. i don't shun but accept higher challenges. however, it depended on my loyalty to her.

i didn't pledged anything. just that i started to reconsider my plans of continuing studies.

getting a degree has been my objective since secondary school days. plus having a degree-holding brother, i am quite being "forced" to excel as far or better than him. of coz, i am financially restricted. i need to find ways to raise funds for myself in order to attain my objectives.

in addition, this job may be stressful at times, but it's a job which i do not mind carrying on for at least when better offers comes by my way a few years later. and it'll take a few years before i would really be stable and the income would start pouring in in higher amount. if i'm to take that offer, i would to give up my studies.

studies, to me, is something that "you do it now, or just forget it". when i get any older, i have much more other practical plans than studies already. coz' i believe it will come to a stage where studies is not that important anymore. but as for now, i want to excel further since right now, i can't really depend on my experience to get another higher paying jobs.

so what should i do? to cont'd studying or not? which is more impt - academic qualifications or hands-on working experience?

if only growing up is being made easier....

No comments: