Wednesday, June 13, 2007

selfish adults

my mum is not in town and i'm made to do the laundry, as usual. my mum told me the washing machine is abit spoilt, but still can use. she only told me the dial to the options of the machine has malfunctioned and she kind of blurred the rest of her speech.

fine, i thought. it wouldn't be that bad since i still get fresh and clean clothes daily. so it wouldn't be that bad lah.

blardy shit lor!!

the thing is, the tub in the machine used to rotate both anti and clockwise. now, it only rotates one direction at quite an amazing speed! and the dial of the machine just stays put! it wouldn't countdown anymore! faint. so it's as good as the machine couldn't wash, rinse, drain and spin-dry my clothes itself. everything i have to manually adjust myself. to put it simply, i'll just agar-agar feel that it's time to drain, i'll turn the dial to drain and that's that. after the water is drained, it'll leave it as it is. it wouldn't automatically spin-dry my clothes for me.

now, i literally have to squeeze the clothes dry before i can hang my laundry! i just did that and i'm like totally drained. i can't afford drippy clothes to hang coz' i'm so worried the neighbors would complain.

my dad blames my mum for spoiling the machine. and my mum rebutted that the machine has rightfully served its life for us for more than 17 years, and therefore it's not surprising the machine will break-down. so, none of them willing to fork out the few hundred bucks to get a new machine coz (1) my mum is moving out soon, and (2) my dad wouldn't want to get a new machine and let that woman used it. so where does that put me?

now i'm thinking if i can bring my laundry to YM's place to wash and bring it home to hang dry, till my mum comes back. but i'm not working a day shift daily lor. how ah?

i seriously has this urge to go Courts and sign up for an instalment for a new washer. but i don't want to be the person to be bogged down for this thinggie y'know. and my dad wouldn't give a 2-hoots about the payment part lor. knowing his pattern, as long as it concerns money, if he didn't have a part to it, he wouldn't even mention about it.

i NEEEEEED a backup plan when my bro just throw their laundry to me.... and i need to wash mine as well!!

No comments: