Saturday, October 13, 2007

goodbye and hello...

yesterday was my last working day with Giordano.

my shift ended early due to the fact where they couldn't drag my time in case i incur anymore OT. i stayed a while and packed my things, ready to leave the shop. i took the rubbish with me to throw on my way out. the moment i stepped out, heading towards the staff exit, i felt a wave of relieve overwhelmed me. it's like, i've dreamt of this day so long. it has been a good 20 months of sweat and tears with this company. finally, it ended.

i really underestimated this whole retail thinggie, even though it has taught me a great deal.

to think back, i've switched 4 jobs in just 3 years of working in this society. it's alot to me, maybe comparing with my peers. i hope the switching would lessen one day. nonetheless, every job switch gave me a good lesson, allowing me to understand myself better. at least, now i know what i want to do and hope that would be the best for me. in fact, i should have listen to myself long ago, to do something i like rather than following "what was thought to be right". so i ended up trying to crawl out of the many pitholes i've landed myself into.

anyway, i've recently hooked up a temp marketing position with Recruit Express with NAFA. the contract period is only till end of Dec. and i'll be starting work on 17th Oct. i'm like so looking forward to this. whether the contract is extendable would be subjected whether NAFA still needs my help.

and hor, just one day after i've taken up the job, another consultant from the Recruit Express told me that another company selected me for the position. it's a 6 months contract in the East (near Expo), paying about 2k per month!

i try not to think about that....

oh well, the more the pay, the more commitment they'll be expecting ma, hor? hmmm... anyway, i'm bounded by the contact so i can't back out. therefore, i shouldn't be thinking anymore about my cognitive dissonance... hahaha...

No comments: