Tuesday, October 02, 2007

a new plan needed...

my pass has been expired and i can't enter T1's transit area for the time being, till Giordano settle my visitor pass asap. worse come to worse, they get someone else in the territory to swop shift with me till my notice period is over.

for me, it's a bonus! haa... so i can stay home and finish up my project. hope they can swop me out of the shop so at least i can relax abit with the shifts before i leave.

anyway, i've redo my resume from scratch (coz' somehow or rather it's missing from my hard disk) and sent out about 6 of them to contract/temp marketing jobs.

what happened to the waitress job?

well, coz' im still stuck with Giordano now and they can't wait for me, they hired somebody else now. the only chance i'll get employed with them if the new fellas aren't working out. so i need another plan, isnt it? so i was thinking, why not get hook up with some temp marketing assistant job which pays about 1.6k to last me till my school ends? at least when i've graduated, i've some related industry experience to substantiate my fresh degree. it seemed pretty much a better option, doesn't it?

also, going back to retail for temp might mean that i need to work during the public hols and weekends too. at least back in the office, it's a predictable 5 days work week, weekends are off, and i enjoy my fair share of rest during the public hols. and no doubt i want to enjoy this coming festive season!

of course, if things turn out favorable with the contract appointment, i might get offered with a permanent headcount too.

i see that i don't have anything to lose for now since my main commitments are studies and they can't expect too much from a contract staff, and yet, i get the money to support my debts and experience which i need.

it does seem like a good deal hor?

well, i don't mind the office politics now la. beggars can't be choosers. so now i hope for the best!

No comments: