Saturday, April 19, 2008

i used to blog almost every other day or week, now on the average of one month i hardly posted 5 entries. so tired and feeling so sandwiched between job and study. even having to go home early that day, i ended up sleeping later than usual coz' there's always things for me to catch up when i'm home. laundry, ironing, my room, school work or even luxury of surfing around the web and reading Archie comics to relax my brain.

----

YM told me that the likelihood of him going over to US for training is pretty high. if he would be chosen, he'll be going over in March '09 for 2 years. by then, i'll be able to go over with him as my status would be his spouse.

quite a wrong timing though...

i've just started this job in UPS lor. and i'm already getting quite hands-on with almost everything in store for me and beginning to appreciate routine job, the last thing i have in mind is to leave.

if i would to have this opportunity to work there in US, i wouldn't mind. but he told me its unlikely that's possible for god-knows-what reason. the only thing i can do is prolly study. hmm... a good opportunity for me to cont'd my Masters, provided it has been sponsored. otherwise, go there and rot for 2 years?!

-----

suddenly, i miz my mum's cooking. i rmbr she used to whip up really mean soups which would turned me in Jughead for that moment. salty-veg and duck soup, bak kut teh, sichuan veg soup, yellow gourd soup, spinach soup, and her super sour Tom Yam... she would even add salmon into the soup which makes the taste goes WOOOOT!! yum yum... getting hungry!!

i could even recall times where she would even asked me what soup i would like to have for the following week coz' she'll be popping by the wet market for supplies... gawd, that was so spoilt with good food!

i love her porridge too... especially her meat porridge. and many others like sweet potato porridge... the more watery it is, the better it tasted.

and she understands my tummy really well. when she sees me raking the fridge, she would immediately asked, "hungry ah?". and then, she'll whip some some noodles (hardly maggi mee) or fried rice / noodles to tie me over till dinner.

also there were times when she was preparing dinner and i'll sneaked attack some of her dishes. she'll exclaimed, "haiyoh! this mouse come and steal food again!" kekekekeke.... otherwise, i'll scoop a couple of small bowls of soup to satisfy my cravings. yum yum!!

haix, gone were the good ol' days....

she became so heavily involved in her external recreations that she no longers bother to cook "properly". oh well, let's not go into there..

No comments: