Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blessed

I'm all smiles, thinking about this entry. I'm officially attached. *Grins* And I'm attached to an old schoolmate, whom we've lost contact for 10 years. We had a brush of fling back then, and it was quickly ended as soon as we started because I was seeing someone else at the same time. One fine day, he decided to try his luck on an old contact, least to realize I was still contactable. That's how it all started....

It wasn't easy, when I decided to give up waiting on my last r'ship. After almost 2 years, I decided to stop nursing a broken heart, I decided I wanted to move on, and I'm tired of being someone's backup plan. He has made his decision to move on (even though it's getting apparent he's not letting up on me after 1 year being attached to someone else), and hanging on would be meaningless to me. I'm surprised how I am saying this now, considering I felt so strongly back then that I should wait. I'm glad the strength came and I was pushed forward. It's somewhat still a pity, I feel. But I'm not looking back already. :)

Fate is smiling on us now. How we've all grown up! Yet, we didn't lose that chemistry we had 10 years ago. It was fun, and our 1st date after 10 years was awesome. Perhaps, the booze we had helped us loosen up and we were enjoying ourselves so much. That was one sweet date, totally memorable. And by the 3rd date, we decided to give us another try. Progressing fast? Well, I do feel a little, however, the feeling's right.

Yet, for a long while, I was thinking how I'm going to find a new relationship since I don't meet new people. And tadah! He came along, when I least expected it. It truly caught me by surprise. It's still settling in to me on the fact how we went one big round and still end up together. Difference is, we're now serious about each other. Or at least, we're both on the same page....

Everyday now, I give my thanks. I have been feeling amazing, warm and fuzzy, deep within. I'm coming to a full circle, or at least I hope so. :)

I'm still happily getting used to the whole dating process all over. It seems like a norm for him to be meeting dinner everyday. It's unusual for me though, considering I have been relatively "independent" in all my past relationships. And with a personal transport, I guess it facilitates the entire dating process too. I'm basically in cloud nine everyday for the past week! And I'm treasuring each and every moment of this wonderful feeling.

I'm feeling really blessed. Thank you Lord.

No comments: