Tuesday, November 21, 2006

just to update before i go to bed and i'll be waking up earlier to do some more revision for my Advertising... and that fearful marketing communications.

anyway, i finally mustered up my courage (and i think my ego's involved), i asked her. 1stly, i'm not sure if she's being serious and all, so basically i'm afraid she'll be like, "i thought you're not keen in it?". but i did the right move about asking, since i wanted to open up my chances.

guess what was the reply? this was her reply:

"hey, i hate to tell you this: i brought up your name to Ann* and she said no coz she's afraid of losing key sales people during the busy seling period.... i wanted to tell you this afternoon but just didn't have the heart to...."

fyi, Ann is Gio's GM.

i'm grateful for her honest reply. didn't know Ann practices cliches... *lol*

since when i was a "key sales people"? also, i don't think she remembers me.... yes, she did came by Bugis a couple of times and she addressed me by my name (coz i got my name tag on mah!). but i seriously doubt she remembered who i am, unless i'm such a "key person" in Bugis, which is not.

even though Ann did have a point there but i felt that me, as such a small and insignificant character, i doubt would be contributing much and BJ wouldn't be in any worser pathetic state without me around than it already is now.

anyway, i told Vic that i'm still keeping my options open even though logically speaking, the sales period would only be over after CNY. specifically speaking - March '07. and till then, i seriously doubt Gladys (the merchandiser) would be able to survive without her assistant for such a long period of time. so most likely they would get someone outside to fill up the place. its common sense, isn't it?

i told her to keep me updated, and also told her my intentions to move out of the front line even though i'm not actively looking for a job.

it's quite sad lah, but i'm okay. i thought this opportunity came quite a good time for me, but apparently, not for Ann. after all, since i'm taking my leave for the Thailand hols, it'll be easier to request as an office staff than a retail staff. darn. thought it'll be a blessing for me....

i don't think i can do anything now, but just wait and see. maybe after x'mas and new year? i don't know... my hopes are dimmed already.

No comments: