Thursday, November 16, 2006

a knocking opportunity?

flutter flutter... one week's coming to an end. how fast huh? and soon, it'll be February the 8th! and then, i'll be flying to Thailand the next day!! heEeE!

anyway, that's not my point of today's entry la. it's just a short distraction... and also, it's a REMINDER for my fellow girlfriends who're going with me. kekekeke...

okay, craps aside.

before i knock off today, one of Gio's office people, who happened to be quite "gam" with me dropped by BJ. she saw me, naturally, and said hi. so, she happened to be on half-day's leave and accompanied her mother to do some shopping. her name's Victoria (somehow i do have some affinity with people who're named Victoria huh?).

anyway, Vic is in her mid-twenties and just joined Gio not too long ago. she is our buyer, where she would be looking into clothes from our HK HQ and deciding whether to bring it in to SG. so, when she dropped by, she would gather feedback from some product lines that was brought in, by her and not.

so we're chatting and all, since i was told to sign out for the day. then suddenly, she popped up a question if i'm interested to be a merchandiser. i believe that wasn't her motive of coming by, and it really caught me by surprised. i asked why she asked. she said Gladys (the senior merchandiser, if i'm not wrong) is looking for an assistant to assist her. and she felt that since i'm from the front line sales, i would know what's going on. in addition, she also felt that i should be able to do the job.

hmmm....

she added that she would recommend me to Gladys and talked to the HR, knowing they would appreciate her suggestions. i don't know when she would have this opportunity to talk to them about me... or whether she's being serious, even though i know she's serious about this.

i can't exactly remember what i told her about her recommendation coz' after she asked me, my mind went into a frenzy. so i guess i was on an auto-pilot mode, where i reacted as i was supposed to react. and i don't know how i reacted. haa....

i couldn't help pondering over this. i don't know if this would be an opportunity for me to go back to the office society, or it's all too fast to go back now, since i've started studies not too long ago. despite that i did a couple of times considered my options to go back to work in the office, i somehow not too sure of myself.

ker ker did advised me on this before, and thought it would be best not for me to go look for new job opportunities. but now hor, someone MIGHT be offering me lor!

i spoke with YM and he encouraged me to go. i mean, he's thinking that having a stable income (and probably slightly higher), plus a much predictable working hours are favorable for me. and of course, i agree with him. but nonetheless, what i've observed the backend office operations, it's considered messy.

actually, i'm anticipating if i'll be receiving any call from Gladys though. i'm curious, and also hunger for a change... think i could only hope for the best, in a way.

No comments: