Thursday, December 21, 2006

family woes

i guess there's nothing new to you people. just that this time, i'm quite disappointed with my dad, especially.

at my grandfather's 49th day death anniversary, all of us who could make it for that day would proceed to the temple for a ritual. but this ritual would be slightly different than other rituals because this involves getting my other ancestors. it includes my grandmother, my great-grandparents, and 2 granduncle (who's my grandfather's brothers, died in China) and my 2nd uncle. quite a crowd huh?

so i got close with one of my auntie-in-law, who probably the only person in that entire family clan be concern about my mother who's MIA from their family gathering since god-knows-when. then we started chatting and all, and got to realize how political this clan is when all the politics actually concerned over money matters. and i'm not talking about personal savings, it's my grandparent's money. till now, they're still hardup over their assets, refusing to carry out what the old people had assigned them to do after they died. sigh, and i don't want to go further into that.

then comes my dad.

do you know he actually struck a $20k 4D lottery?

best thing is, his immediate family, i.e US, know nuts about this matter. and my auntie-in-law (aka auntie Irene) was shocked that he didn't share this good news with us. so, if he didnt tell us, there wouldn't be a reason for him to part some of his winnings right?

auntie Irene was quite disgusted about the fact that my dad won some money and did not even give his children any "bonus" cash. and she was really upset about the fact that i told her when he won 4D, he never once told us. it was somehow my mum found out, and since he didn't want to share coz' he don't wish to part with his winnings, we just act dumb.

and you know something? i actually asked him for help to pay my school fees, he actually claimed he has no money already. however, i don't know whether my request came before he struck the lottery or after....

the more i think about this, the more disgusted and upsetting i get. one of these days when i'm not working on weekends, i would go to my ancestors tablet and ask them for the reason they gave my dad that windfall, and he ended up keeping up all the money to himself and none other.

No comments: