Tuesday, February 19, 2008

i had so much in thoughts - but when i rested my fingers over the keyboard, my mind froze. i don't know where to begin with. hmm...

school
i've completed all my exams for this semester! woot! yeah!

and out of the blue, i've encountered hiccup in my enrolment for next year. apparently, i was told that my fees wasn't paid and i couldn't enroll. ended up having to clarify with Citibank and went down to my school personally to enroll.

after that, my timetable clashes and i'd to appeal for module substitutions.

i got reply from Curtin and managed to appeal for module substitues. and Citibank disburse cheque to my school and now waiting for my school to receive it.... hopefully everything would go as per planned.


job interviews
during my exam leaves, i managed to arrange a couple of interviews here and there. so far, i went only 3, after having to send more than 30 resumes. well, hit rate is that bad lah. one of the interviews was at Singapore Chinese Orchestra - a position too junior for me, so they're not able to pay for my expected. then again, why still waste time asking me down? anyway, i haven't heard from them since the last interview. and i hope i'm not called for a 2nd interview, which i doubt there would be.

the 2nd interview yesterday at Kidney Dialysis Foundation. apparently the CEO and the RDC Manager sat in. seriously, i think they're just taking it out on me. they grilled me like i'm supposed to be grilled and i sincerely thought they were quite rude. i understood that they wanted me to REALLY know what i'm supposed to expect so that i could tell them whether i'm up for it, and in addition, they wanted to make sure the person would stay and not tell them after 6 months that whatever they're doing was "not my cup of tea". it seemed like they're trying to put across, "hey, this is the expectation you're supposed to meet. take it or f**** off." 1st impression: super super bad. this is like my worst interview i've ever been to. with bosses like that, i doubt anyone new in the company can take it.

and today, i had an interview at UPS. such stark contrast to the one i had yesterday. such lovely and polite boss. i guess she liked me, otherwise she wouldn't request a 2nd interview with their HR. she understood the stress i had for studying, hence she even explained that they're able to make arrangements for me to be release for classes. also, she also touched upon career developments in terms of job rotation, and company paying 80-20 for employees to further education. at least at the end of the interview, i felt good and i knew what i'll be in for. rather than KDF, yes they did make sure i understood what i was taking but i guess they needn't to go to the extend of being harshful! gawd, felt like slapping KDF for being such a lousy interviewer.


work
nothing much at work lately. just working for the sake of working, and waiting for things to happen....

now just hoping i can get the job at UPS....



alright, thts so much for now. just finished my exams, a few more weeks rest and i'll begin my final lap to completion of my degree! so, please expect more emo entries from me when my term begins....

No comments: