Friday, February 29, 2008

On a happier note….

I guess I’ll share some good news here to alleviate some of my grievances from the previous entry: I FOUND A JOB!

Just yesterday, I took a half-day off in the afternoon to sign the appointment letter with UPS. Seriously, the day before when they’d called me to inform about my selection, it was quite hard to contain my excitement. Other than the fact where I could still secure a job without having any proper qualifications yet and hands-on experience, they even met up to my salary expectations! I was totally ecstatic! I was telling ker ker I so wanted to scream my lungs out coz’ the feeling was so overwhelming and suffocating all at once. He said, “go ahead!”. -______-“ I was working at that point in time….

With the new job, YM and myself finally heaved a sigh relieve. With more cash on hand, it would really ease a huge load of money matters in regards to our wedding preparations and also the burden which seemed to be borne by YM himself. Otherwise, he would feel imbalanced….

I wouldn’t see the money coming in till the full month payout in April. Hopefully from April to November, we’ll have sufficient backup funds for our dinner banquet. The best circumstances would be excess funds after the dinner, and we can plunge in a couple more months of our salary to our savings so we can afford to go for a solid honeymoon. YM die-hard dream is to visit Old Trafford Stadium and catch a friendly match of Man U, preferably a derby match with Man City (and that’s provided Man U would win). I wanted to visit Europe if I have the chance too…… then again, it’s money again lar.

Right now, the main excitement for me is that we finally could proceed with our wedding preparations. Apparently it came to a standstill from CNY and we couldn’t exactly proceed due to funds matter. Now proceeding according to plan, I actually fixed up an appointment to try on the gowns already. So if my 1st fitting would go smoothly, I would throw in the deposit and secure my gowns. FYI, the gowns are made-to-measure and I would get to keep them! =D so exciting!!! Only after we secure this part, then we would go to the bridal store (in JB) for photo shoot. I guess the only consolation I get from the decision to have our photoshoot done in JB would be me having to make gowns for keepsake purposes. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers.

Anyway, securing of both the gowns and the bridal shoot in JB has to be confirmed by March otherwise everything else in plan would have to rush. Technically speaking, all photoshoot, album and the gowns should be ready by September. At least when they’re done, I can proceed to fret over RSVP for my dinner.

I’ll update my wedding preparations bit by bit. When the event draws nearer, I do need some helpers to organize my actual day itinerary.

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

No comments: