Saturday, February 08, 2014

I know I did okay...

today was my last day. before i did my exit clearance, i sent a farewell-thank-you email to people who i cared for. unfortunately, both the boss and her boss is not copied in them. surprisingly, my departure seemed sudden to some and they didn't know at all. naturally, they would ask the reason behind my decision to leave, and when i told them i wasn't given a choice, they paused, and then nodded thoughtfully with a sigh. somehow, people seemed to know what i meant. since it was a half-day today for the company, they left for CNY lunch and i left for good, they gave me comforting hugs, that almost brought tears to my eyes. well, my heart was surprisingly heavy when i left the building, little would i expect i would feel the same when i left UPS 5 years ago. little did i expect i was deeply attached to the people around me...

and the highlight of the morning was, a personal text message from another team's manager, telling me he genuinely felt that i was a good fit for the culture and was sorry to learn about my situation. and he would help me to link up to his headhunters if i'm willing. i thought that was really a sweet gesture, and yet humbled by his generosity. i was thinking, how he has put my own boss to shame. what a pity.

yes, everything happened for a reason. and i believe, God is protecting me from something which i may not want to be in, in the near future. i may not know, but i still choose to believe.

i miss them already. they're so much fun actually.

i'm glad to feel their reluctance, i'm glad to know they're aware i was somewhat the victim. i don't need them to do anything for me, but just knowing they're on my side, it's enough, more than enough. goes to show i did okay, and there's nothing wrong with me.

now, recapping if God gave me something better than the previous, definitely! i may have landed myself with a shitty boss again, but my colleagues are soooooooo fun-loving and the benefits are to die for! i had alot of fun working with them, and i was constantly showered with alot of quality free stuff! and i know i fitted that culture like a glove! just too bad for me.

so yeah, to an even better new job! hell, yeah!

No comments: